Sunday, July 12, 2009

East for Summer

Hello all. It has been am long time so this might be a long post, you might want to prepare a snack now. I'll wait... Ok, Well first girls camp. It went very well! We had 16 girls from our ward go and we had no drama, no fights, nothing! I was very impressed with all of the girls they got a long great, made sure everyone was involved and unless they are all lying, had a great time! I had a great time, minus all the bug bites. Also all the girls got certified!!! I know there are a lot of people who do not think that girl's camp certification skills are important, but I do. I think these skills can help the girls become more independent and self-reliant women. The girls even got me to wear my bedazzled purple headband for a whole day, oh and our skit won! I wrote the script but the girls did all the work.

After camp I had 5 days to recover and get ready for my trip back east to visit Kim and family. I needed almost all that time to recover, I was exhausted when I got back. Anyway with a few minor delays I made it to Glastonbury, CT. So far I have watched a lot of Charlie and Lola. I am not complaining, as kids shows go this one is rather entertaining and the English accents are nice too :) We also had a fun girls night since the boys went to cub scout camp. We did pedicures, had homemade blueberry sorbet and I was forced to watch High School Musical 3. They should have stopped at 1 but the nieces enjoyed it immensely. Yesterday we went to the outlet mall near Glastonbury. It was really great. Big, lots of good stores and not very crowded. The only complaint is the lack of eating options but I did get a nice new shirt. That afternoon we went to the Hartford river festival on the Connecticut River. There were some kids activities, face painting and then fireworks. We went on a very long journey to find just the right spot to watch the fireworks from but we ended up right by a playground which when waiting for 3 hours with 3 kids was great. The fireworks were amazing. The finally was the best I have ever seen! Kim and Dave said it was better then the ones they watched last week in Boston. Well worth the wait and we made it to the car right before the downpour started. Tomorrow we are going to the beach after swimming lessons. Next week we are going to Washington D.C. Should be exciting. Here are some pictures of the fireworks, not great but ok for my camera. Also the cute kids.



4 comments:

R said...

I want to see pictures with the purple headband! Oh, and more with Kimberly and family!
Sounds like you're having a fun summer!

KLF said...

I like Charlie and Lola, but my kids don't. I also love Little Bear and Oswald, but my kids prefer Phinneas and Ferb and Spongebob. You develop a discerning palate for children's entertainment after awhile. Oh, and don't talk to me about HSM, I've seen every one at least 15 times. Two is the worst. I hate listening to Corbin Bleu tell us all he can't dance when he just danced through the whole movie. Yak. Glad you're having fun, and the kids are so cute. I concur, we need more pictures.

Lauri said...

Did you really think you could get away with not posting a picture of the blingy headwrap? Let's see it! I was just wondering yesterday how girls camp went for you, so your post was very well timed! I'm glad it all went so well. Have fun on your continued East coast adventures!

Dancing with shiva said...

I so wish I could just take a month off and hangout in New England.... But I am glad you are getting some good time in with the sane end of the family....