Saturday, November 7, 2009

Quarantine

Hello all. Thank you very much those of you that fed my need for feedback. Although like a drug I always need more :) Anyway it has been an interesting last couple of weeks. I got a really bad cold about a month ago. I stayed home one day, watched way to much random TV(Say yes to the Dress)but after like a week felt a lot better, than my sinus' started to get worse again. I used my mucinex and decongestant hoping it would go away but after 3 weeks decided to go to the Dr. That was Monday. I found a nice colleague willing to watch my class and went hoping for some antibiotics. The Dr. came in and asked me if I had been exposed to the H1N1 flu. I said of course, I am a teacher. She said you have a fever of 101.6, many flu symptoms so I am testing you and you have to stay off work for 7 days. I said, "what the crap!" We negotiated it down to staying home till the test results came back. I then decided to put it in my Principal's hands because I really did not feel that bad but I didn't want to be a typhoid Mary. She said even if you don't have it you still probably don't feel well, stay home. So for 2 days I was quarantined at home. It was kind of nice but I felt like I was wasting sick days, what if I really do get the plague? Also as a teacher being gone for multiple days is a lot of prep work! Anyway the test was negative, yea!

In better news last night I went to my 5th They Might Be Giants concert. This time Jennifer went with me, she had never been. It was great! They played the entire "Flood" album plus a bunch from their new "Here comes Science" album. It also included a couple of numbers with sock puppets and an accordion! It is always a different experience seeing them. At the end of the concert they handed out free bumper stickers and I got one straight from one of the Johns!!! For all you parents I highly recommend their kids albums, I have heard "No" and quite a few off the science album now. Hope you all have a great day!! Until next time...

2 comments:

Angie said...

Sock puppets and accordians are always a good idea. Well, maybe not so much the accordian.

Kim H. said...

Sock puppets?! And you didn't tell me you got close to one of the Johns!