Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

So today to celebrate Mother's day I thought I would give 1o reasons why I am grateful for my mother. (Also to beat my sister to the punch :) In no particular order-

1. She taught me to cook. This has brought me much joy and is a very useful skill to have.

2.She made me take Piano lessons. I can not play at all but it did help me develop an appreciation for music.

3. She made healthy well balanced meals for us. I may not eat very healthy all the time but it is not because I don't know how.

4. She taught me to speak my mind, even if sometimes it was to argue with her :).

5. Years of practice dying hair, it comes in really handy now.

6. She gave me the gift of celebrating birthdays instead of dreading them. Our birthdays were always big celebrations!

7. She took me to Disneyland and Disney World!!!

8. She taught me to treat all people with respect, even of they are different then we are.

9. When I was freaking out about not getting a good enough score or not studying enough she told me it would be fine.

10. She showed me how to be an intelligent, independent woman!

Thanks Mom, I love you.

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

Hey!:) Great list...and Happy Mother's day to you...the 2nd mother of my children!

Angie said...

Very nice.