Monday, November 24, 2008

crash, leak and twilight.

Hello all. I figured it was finally time to catch you all up. Last week... could have been better. Everything was going OK until Wednesday. This is how Wednesday went- Woke up, then nose bleed. Finally get the bleeding stopped, get ready, go to leave, and bang, back into someone. I swear I looked but they came up fast. Anyway the person called the police so I ended up getting to class 5 minuted before it started. I then realized that I had forgotten my flashdrive that had the powerpoint I had spent 2.5 hours making the night before. So I quickly had to come up with something else for my students to do. I made it through the day, went home and collapsed on the couch and turned on the TV thinking, "I will watch Keith and he will make me laugh and inform me and I will feel so much better." Oh, no. Not on this day, Keith was on vacation. Yes, how dare he. Anyway I swallowed my bitter disappointment and got ready for Enrichment night. It was nice and I came home about an hour later in a better mood to find that... my ceiling was raining. My roomate had gotten home a little while before me to discover lots of water coming through the light fixtures and smoke detector in the hall. The carpet was soaked and they still had not figured out where it was coming from. Luckily the maintence people figured it out, cut a large hole in the ceiling and replaced the burst pipe. After a late night carpet cleaning and a giant fan for a couple of days all is well except for a musty smell that welcomes us as we come home. I was very thankful to live in an apartment with maintence people though! After that lovely day things did get better. My reward for surviving the week was going to see Twilight. I actually saw it twice, but only so I could see it with other people. I made plans to see it with my cousin's Martha and Lisa, and Lisa's daughters awhile ago. My brother could not make it Saturday ngiht though so I went to see it with him Firday night. Luckily it was very enjoyable so I did not mind seeing it again at all. It was a fun girls night out. I think I enjoyed it so much because I went in with very low expectations. After reading several interviews with cast members I was a little scared about what they may have done. Luckily they did a very good job transffering it. The movie is like the book in that it is great escapist entertainment! I hope you all are well and that you all have a great thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

this week has to be better:)I think that they should just cancel if Keith leaves.

R said...

Hi Melissa! I love to read about the things that you've been up to. Sorry to hear about your crazy week! You are wonderful! I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
Rhonda