Monday, September 1, 2008

Back to School

So once I got back from my extended vacation, School started about 5 days later. Well I had to be back at the School. It was a hectic week before the students actually came back. I moved from two rooms into a brand new one at the end of last year and had not done much putting away or arranging. I did get it all put together and I feel much better about my room than last year. I actually have bulletin boards with boarders on them! I am a real teacher now :) The first week with my students is now over and it went pretty well. I pretty much just gave, reviewed and reviewed some more the rules and procedures for my classroom. I learned last year that in middle school teaching rules and procedures can be more important than the academic content. Hopefully after laying my base last week this next week will go really smoothly. Here's hoping :) Today was Labor Day and Mom, Dad and I went to Kenn's new apartment and had lunch with his roommate John, his friend Lowell and KiRin. Kenn's apartment is really nice. It is an older building downtown with a lot of cool details. We then walked down the street to Pioneer park,temple square, Brigham Young Memorial Park, City Creek park and Memory grove. There are a lot of nice parks right around him. We then played scene it where my team hardily beat Kenn's and John's. I'm not really that competitive :)

2 comments:

Kim H. said...

They beat you, wish I was there to see it...so fun to read your blog!

Terminal Frost said...

I still think that melissa has read all the card and has the whole game memorized so of course she won. She is cheating!!!!