Friday, September 5, 2008

Finally acting instead of just talking...

So this week went really fast. The second week of school went very well, this year is sooooooooo much better and easier than last year. I also had classes, well one was canceled and one was really boring. After teaching all week the last thing I really want to do is to go in on a Thursday afternoon for a three hour class, especially one on adaptive technology. Anyway besides all of that I volunteered for the Barack Obama campaign. It is the first time for me and it makes me feel a little better about spouting my views so vehemently :), at least I am actually giving my time as well. Anyway they even talked me into making phone calls. I signed up for data entry, I told them I would not, could not make calls. I got there and before I knew it she was setting me up to call supporters. She got me by getting me to where I was uncomfortable telling her no. I tried to get out of it by extolling my bad sales skills but she said that was better because I would sound more real. Anyway it was not nearly as painful as I had imagined. I only got one republican and she just said they were voting for McCain very nicely. It was fun to be a part of the process and I am going to try to talk Kenn and his friend into going to Colorado one weekend to do some canvasing. If he is with me I can make him do all the talking :) My main point in telling you this is that one, I got out of my comfort zone which is usually always a good thing and two no matter what you believe it is always good to get involved! And oh ya, everyone go vote on November 4th!!!!

1 comment:

Kim H. said...

I am glad this year is easier, and good for jumping out of your comfort zone, david wants to go canvas in Penn.